Friday, October 8, 2010

16 Weeks

This past Saturday was my birthday. We went to Oxford, Alabama for a black belt testing.


Chris judged a group, but I was on baby duty, which was fine by me. I got to spend some one on one time with my little one, snap some pictures and then meet up with the other 2010 black belt mom, Jamie.


She brought Ellie, and we both decked them out in the Yoshukai onesies I made them, and by made I mean just sew on the patch.


I love Ellie's bow too.





The babies weren't digging picture time quite as much as I'd hoped, but at least we got some cute shots, so we can show them when they're older.




Here is Ellie's daddy holding CJ for the first time.

Ah, finally they tuckered out and went to sleep.



Then, CJ woke up, and Jamie got to hold him. He's so much heavier than Ellie, who's two weeks his senior.





CJ thought Mr. Garduque, my karate instructor, was pretty funny.




I asked Mr. Culbreth, one of the co-directors of the organization to hold CJ for a picture. He was kind of nervous and said he hadn't held a baby since his own, who is now 16 or 17 years old I think. Oh well, he did a good job. =)


My Snyder grabbed him to play with him too.



Then, we all went to Mellow Mushroom for lunch. CJ got fussy but was happy enough to be passed around some. Here is Mr. Turner, my instructor's instructor holding CJ.

The following day was the Norcross Arts Festival. We stopped by John and Selina's place, and then we all walked over and met up with Amber, Jake, Samantha and Clark. We had a minor encounter with someone but then had a good time.


I was soooo excited because, just a couple weeks ago, CJ was not able to swing without being held, which really wasn't too much fun. Now, he can. He makes us laugh with his expressions. It seemed as though, he wasn't as excited by this feat as I was.









Monday was back to work. Selina took lots of pictures of their day, as usual.



The weather has been a little crazy. It's cool in the morning, and then gets really hot, like you want to jump in the pool hot, and then cools back down in the evening. It makes it hard to dress a baby. They can't tell you when their hot or cold, so I just try to layer him. Selina put one of the cardigans her mom made Isabella on CJ to go for their walk.
















On Tuesday, Grandma Peggy stopped by with Taylor and Braden. They were on Fall break and wanted to see their grandma and their baby cousin. Later on, Taylor went with Chris to karate, and Grandma Peggy, CJ and I walked to the farmer's market in downtown Norcross.





Again, CJ's expressions are funny. He's like "what are you doing to me, Mommy?"




We met up with Chris and Taylor before class ended.

Wednesday, CJ was back with Selina, so there of course, more pictures, which I love!







They met up with Caitlyn and Madison for their walk.



Friday, CJ and I went out on the porch to enjoy the nice weather.



He has been fighting sleep terribly, and Friday was no exception. At least he was happy while he was outside.




Cami stopped by on her lunchtime walk with Hemi. CJ cried at first but then warmed up a bit.



The End! This upcoming week will be full. We're going to Ma-ma and Pa-pa's again and getting our picture made wearing our Halloween costumes- so exciting! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment