Sunday, February 14, 2010

23 Weeks

We are now 23 weeks, and Baby Mattison is about the weight of a large mango. I am feeling him move a lot more regularly now. He is hitting parts of my body on the inside that I didn't even know had nerves I could feel. I feel great, other than the heartburn.


One evening a couple of weeks ago, I was laying on the couch watching tv with Sarah on my belly. I was feeling CJ move, but I wasn't quite sure if the movement could be felt yet from the outside. Sure enough, I felt a big movement, and about that time, Sarah jumped up and stared at my belly like "what the hell was that!?!?!?" She then sort of looked around like "okay, maybe I'm just crazy" and layed back down. A little while later, Chris could feel it too.


The doctor gave me the go-ahead to work out as much and as often as I please given I don't get dizzy or feel pain. Chris and I were at the gym last weekend, and I was not working out hard at all- walking 10 min on the treadmill, 10 min on the row machine and 10 min on the bike. A few minutes into the treadmill, I felt a cramp and thought maybe I ate or drank too much too soon before the workout. The cramp then took up my whole abdomen area and then moved to just the lower part. It concerned me, so I am going to mention it to the doctor. It could just be my ligaments and muscles have been stretched to nothing like any other time.


A co-worker of mine recommended a Kaiser pediatrician whom she loves who is not far from our house. We are thinking of putting the baby on Chris's Kaiser insurance as it looks really good for infant care. We have a "pre-natal visit" with him on March 1st to ask him questions and confirm whether or not he will become our child's pediatrician... let the parenting decisions begin!


We are almost to the point of viability, which is something about which I have almost been obsessing. Everything is going well, but I still want that fallback of, if something were to happen, our baby will more than likely be okay.


A friend of mine on Facebook, who is the wife of an ex-coworker, is giving away some infant items as she is finished having children. One of the items is a bouncer that was at her mother's house and rarely got used. It looks so new!





We also have accumulated quite a few clothes, but we could really use so much more as they need so many different sizes the first year and go through quite a few outfits a day at times.





We also got a bottle drying rack from a friend- woo hoo for taking things off our already huge registry at Babies R Us! We registered for quite a bit of items because we can get a discount on whatever is on our registry that we don't receive within 2 weeks of our due date. We figure we may as well register for anything we will possibly want.


Below are pictures of me taken today at just over 23 weeks. Chris was trying to mess with me and take pictures before and after I was ready. The last one is me threatening to punch him in the face.





No comments:

Post a Comment