
Getting ready to cut, still don't know....

Ma-ma had to jump in and be the first to see the sex of her first great-grandbaby. I love Daddy's expression....



a hug from Grandma...

Grandma and Ma-ma (Great-Grandma) were fighting back tears, happy of course. Pa-pa (Great-grandpa) and Daddy look thrilled... Out of my grandpa's 5 children and 9 grandchildren, only one is a boy.....

I was so happy. I would have been happy with a girl too, but I had imagined for a while having a boy first, so it would have taken a bit longer to wrap my head around having a girl. I am off today due to being in Vegas for work both weekend days last weekend, so I am about to head to the mall and get my fix by buying some little boy clothes. We got a gift card to Hanna Andersson at the party, and I already know what I want to buy. I had never heard of the store prior to receiving the gift card from our friend, VC, but I really love it! I probably wouldn't spend the money without the gift card, which makes the gift even more perfect. Grandma Peggy brought a blue bag and a pink bag, and took back the pink bag after finding out we're having a little boy. Our neighbor did something similar- so cute! A karate family who came got us lots of essential books. We plan on reading a lot to our little one, so we are really happy about them as well.
The big parenting decision of the moment is whether or not to have the baby circumsized. We're really trying to weigh the options and not simply go with the norm in our country. I'm leaning a little towards not right now. Rumor has it, it's getting less popular anyway than it was 20 years ago, so the baby won't feel too much like an oddball if we don't do it. We're going to talk to our ob and future pediatrician as well.
I somehow feel so much closer to the baby and so much more excited now that we know the sex. Below are the ultra-sound pictures. We have one of the parts as well, but it's not yet scanned onto the computer.



Here is the view where Daddy think he is doing a side kick...


and my personal favorite....
We had to ask the doctor for the one above as it was in her stack. She said everything looks "perfect." Chris doesn't like to hear that word, but I do. It really comforts me when I'm constantly hoping I'm doing everything right and that everything is going well.
No comments:
Post a Comment