Friday, January 22, 2010

Pappa Perspective, Post 7

In 29 hours we will know whether Junebug is a boy or a girl; however, we already know a few things about our little offspring:

1). He/she already has a little bit of martial ability: I joked about jumping on Facebook and saying something like "OMG! The baby was doing a kata during the ultrasound!", but I'm not even joking, when the tech put the wand on Lindsay's belly, Junebug repeatedly kicked it using a front kick...I wish I had it on tape. Near the end, as the tech took pictures, Junebug executed a upper block, a backfist (to his rear...or it might have been him/her flipping off the world; thanks Mr Garduque for pointing that out), a side kick (with excellent chamber might I add), a backhand block, a punch and a front kick. I don't have the pictures with me, but Lindsay will likely have them up by the end of the weekend.

...oh, and Lindsay knows how to use the scanner now. :-D

2). Junebug is an extremely stubborn little fetus: This was my worst nightmare; that Junebug would be as stubborn as Lindsay. I admit, I'm pretty bad, but Mamma definitely takes the cake. To start the appointment, Junebug appeared to be sleeping; of course the tech needed Junebug to move around, but no dice, he/she made things as hard as possible. Of course, when the tech tried to measure heart rate, she (I believe Junebug is a girl) came alive and wouldn't hold still. "Did I hear profile??? Let's see if you can take that picture with my head burried into my mommy's spine, shall we..." and so on and so forth. I mused that we'll name her Lindsay, so that when I say "Damn it Lindsay!", I'll only have to say it once :-D (Love you Honey :-* )

3). He/she will be pretty long: Junebug measured long enough that the tech estimated she will be about 5 days early. I find that interesting...does that mean that she'll be a tall kid, like her mother or a tall adult like her father...or maybe the best of both worlds and she'll be average height. I also find it interesting that Lindsay hasn't gained much weight, if any at all, and the baby's weight is tracking just right. Way to go Babe (not that I think gaining baby weight is a bad thing...I just find the current situation fascinating...if I end up sleeping on the couch, ya'll know why)!


I had more to write...but this really isn't the appropriate place for it. Having said that, take a look at this article from today's USAToday; I'll just say it amazes me how many things catch my eye from the perspective of a parent these days. (and I think the PTC should mind their own business...but that's just me :D ).

L8R,
--CM

No comments:

Post a Comment