Oh what a week!
Junebug is about the size of a medium shrimp. If it's a girl, she already has all her eggs, which means that 1/2 of our grandchidren's DNA is already formed.
I haven't felt great all week, like I was coming down with a bad cold or something. Friday morning was pretty bad, so I stayed home and slept almost all day. Chris arrived home that evening, and I bee-bopped down the stairs to greet him. My clumsy butt slipped down the last three steps, and I landed on my rear on the cold tile. I hit my head at some point, and when I stood up, I noticed I had peed. (yes, it's a trend these days especially when I sneeze or cough too hard- the joys of a fetus sitting right on the bladder before it expands into the abdominal cavity) I didn't think too much of it at first, but the more time passed, the more my mind wondered. Chris suggested I call the United Healthcare nurse's line since all doctor's offices were closed, just to be safe. I did, and they insisted I go to the ER.
At first, the nurse, who was sweet as she could be, tried to find the baby's heartbeat for about 10 minutes and couldn't, so later the doctor came in and tried.
The doctor looked to be about 25 and was even cuter than most doctors on tv. Chris said he looked like Nick Lachey. He found the heartbeat and asked if I wanted a pelvic exam just to make sure the fall didn't cause my water to break or my cervix to dilate. I asked if we would have the heard the heartbeat if my water broke, and he said it was possible, so I agreed to the exam.
Everything ended up looking good, and most times falls like that aren't a big deal, but they always want to make sure.
Chris teased me that I was just wanted to get felt up by the cute doctor, so I couldn't stop laughing, which made him really think it was true.
I have had a headache almost every day this week, but it really has been a good week. We're starting to rearrange quite a bit, and we have a cleaning service coming tomorrow! I am looking forward to the 1st trimester being over by next week. I feel like I need a shirt that says "I survived the 1st trimester." Hopefully, I'll get that 2nd trimester energy surge about which everyone keeps talking.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment