I tend to approach Trunks' arrival with an "everything is fine" attitude, generally because I have no information to the contrary, but nothing makes me cringe more than hearing the doctor use the term "perfect".
I know, I should be enthralled, but fact is I'd settle for good, OK, fine or respectable.
It bothers me because I feel like we're avoiding a jinx or something like that...like Trunks is baseball team winning by one at the top of the ninth; just when you think the pitcher is pitching a perfect game, he gives up a 3 run homer.
Yesterday we had our 12 week appointment at which I got to hear Junebug's heartbeat. Dr. Williams said it was "...about 160BPM, PERFECT!" I am excited that my lil' buddy (or Princess, no preferences...) is doing well, but can't we just leave it at that?
In other news:
Lindsay got pretty sick yesterday (see her week 12 post)...she yakked so hard that she wet herself; I didn't have the heart to give her a hard time (although she would've laughed), but I told her if she poops herself before child birth, all bets are off ;) (love ya Honey!).
We told the our families over the holiday about Baby Trunks. The card idea was a little underwhelming in responses, but a cool idea nonetheless. The best reaction was from my sister Gloria, who did not read the card, despite saying no less than five times that she had. When her boyfriend Trent came into the room, I handed him the card, when he said "Congratulations guys, that's great! When are you due?". Gloria's chin hit the dirt and she had a glazed over expression on her face. When I noticed I said to her "...how many times did I ask you to read the card?" I then propped it up in front of her face. I don't think she reacted for a good 3 minutes; she was very excited.
Lindsay and I are investigating our last pre-kid vacation for early next year. Early favorites are Turks and Caicos and Aruba.
The appointment after next I believe is when the doctor will find out the gender of Baby Trunks; Lindsay wants to have a party whereby we will find out the gender together with friends and family via cake (I hope that wasn't top secret info...I really do). I think the idea is kinda cheesy, but I am glad that we get to share it with the people close to us. :-D
Ta-ta for now!
~C
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You didn't tell me it was cheesy the 50,000 times I asked you about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, you assume everything is perfect because you do not feel every little cramp or lack of symptoms and over-analyze like us Mama's to be do. The word "perfect" is quite reassuring to us.
Love you!