Simon wanted to help look after "Baby CJ," and Will and Ray helped hold onto him while I fixed CJ's bottle of breast milk.
He got a little fussy because I'm sure his tummy was hurting, but we still had a good time. The next afternoon, we left CJ with my mom, so we could celebrate two years of a happy marriage. My mom snapped a family photo, but the camera was on a very wrong setting. We fixed it before the couples shot, but we forgot to go back and retake the family one. Oops! As you can see, CJ was not at all disappointed to be staying with his Grandma Peggy! They had fun.
Grandma also took some pictures with her camera of some of the fun they had together. It was kind of sad, but he didn't really want to come to us when we returned! =( At least he had a good time, which makes me feel a teeny tiny bit better about leaving him to go back to work.
More 1sts this week:
CJ will, on occasion, reach his arms out when he wants to be picked up. He may just coincidentally be admiring his hands, but it really feels as though he's reaching for us.
We get to go on walks during the day as it is no longer so blazing effing hot outside.
He is also talking a lot more.
He took his passie out of his mouth, which he had done before, but yesterday, he put it back in his mouth.
He is starting to enjoy books and other toys.
He is staying on his activity mat for longer periods of time, thanks to me hanging his mirror, so he can see it. He'll swat at it, so he can see his reflection.
We went to my grandmother's house yesterday, so we could work on CJ and Ellie's halloween costumes. We didn't do much sewing, but CJ got to spend quite a bit of time with some of his extended family. Uncle Mike and Aunt Kathy came up too to see CJ, and Grandma Peggy and one of his other Uncle Mike's also stopped by for a CJ peek.
CJ telling his great-grandmother all about it:
While we were there, Ma-ma whipped together a nice lunch. Much of the food was grown from their garden. It was so good! I was also turned onto chow chow. I had never had it. I guess it was often on the table, but I never realized it tasted so good. As a bonus, Ma-ma gave me a jar of it as well as another jar of homemade pickled okra and some pickled peppers she made for Chris.
I really got some insight on how they lived growing up, and it is truly fascinating to imagine life without electricity and running water. I love spending time up there and seeing them interact with CJ. As an even extra bonus, I get to learn new songs to sing to CJ. I do patty cakes with CJ too, but my version is different. I love how adoringly Pa-pa looks in this video as well:
No comments:
Post a Comment