A nod to Sports Illustrated columnist Peter King & his Monday Morning Quarterback column, here are Ten Things I Think I Think.
1: My son has shown me the definition of unconditional love: Allowing another human being to blow snot on you, without repercussion.
2: If I had to place a "personality" on CJ, it would be that of Rowdy Roddy Piper. If for no other reason, it seems like whenever Lindsay and I have an answer, CJ changes the question.
3: The personality this kid shows never ceases to amaze me. There are times where he hates to be still, but he spent a good bit of yesterday sitting on the bed (while using me as a back rest) watching TV.
4: I read somewhere that children realize the reflection in a mirror is them at 11 months; I think CJ has bested that...if not, he certainly likes what he sees.
5: CJ has done a complete 180* on bathtime: that's all Mommy. The best part of bathtime for him is the shower rinse: that's all Daddy.
6: The boy loves the boobies. Doesn't matter whose, but if you've got em, he's got some love for you. This doesn't at all upset me (if anything, it makes him a chip off the ole block), but it does alienate me at times. Which leads to...
7: In the interest of child happiness, I have to sometimes give up Daddy-CJ time. Last night, Grandma Peggy was over; while it seemed like he wanted to play, I took him and he got fussy, so I gave him right back. This tends to happen a lot. Again, it doesn't upset me.
8: My "It's a baby...no big deal" outlook on parenthood (before he got here) has served me well. 11 weeks in and I'm only partially sleep deprived, I have all of my hair and none of it's gray. I'm cool as a cucumber (most of the time) and everyone is healthy. Yup, no big deal...
9: CJ has been laughing and cooing a lot more. I think that's awesome. I'd think it was totally awesome if I didn't think he was plotting to poop on me at some point. "I'll get you eventually Dad, hahaha!!!"
10: Based on his facial expressions at times, I can't help but to think he's plotting something. Trying to poop? Maybe. World Domination? Possibly. Running through the house, using the cat as a set of nunchaku, rendering his mother and father's karate useless & beating us senseless, while going #2 and exiting to execute world domination? That's where I'll place my bet...
Until next time folks...
-CM
Monday, August 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment