Friday, September 10, 2010

12 Weeks

So this week was the week during which I went back to work. As much as I dreaded it and cried over it, Wednesday really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I left around 6am, and Daddy and CJ were still in bed. I returned around 8pm, but I worked 12 hours, whereas normally I'll be working 10 hours.



Grandma Peggy came over around 7am, so Daddy could go to work. CJ had fun, as always, with his grandma. They read books, went for a walk and played together. He ate quite a bit more food than I expected, and I was only able to pump about 1/2 the volume he ate, so I am now trying to pump like crazy even on days he doesn't get a bottle. Selina returned from England on Tuesday, so we went over yesterday and today, so CJ could play and sort of get used to the house and Selina. I think he is going to have a good time and be nice and worn out when he gets home! =)



He seems to enjoy tummy time on Isabella's old mat more than on his. Her's was designed for tummy time, which is good because according to all the rules, we don't do nearly enough at home.








He also likes her bouncy seat, and she has so many other toys for him to play with.





Accomplishments this week include grabbing things like blankets and burp cloths and bringing them towards his face- yes, I am keeping a close eye for when he's asleep. He is slowly starting to not need us to be awake and happy. Today, when he woke up from one of his naps, he laid there for a few minutes entertaining himself. Now, he has been laying on his activity mat on the bed for a good while. He also continues to get stronger holding up his head and back and surprises us with the strength in his legs. He never ceases to amaze us. =)

CJ likes for us to read him books already. His favorite is The Mirror Me book from Baby Einstein.


Photobucket

He will actually stop crying when we read this book. Good buy Daddy! We even bought a copy for Ms. Selina's house.

This past Saturday was the 1st Georgia game of the season, so CJ was dressed appropriately.



It was Labor Day weekend with super nice weather, so we had a nice, relaxing brunch on Sunday at Grace 1720.



Here is CJ in his exersaucer on Tuesday. He's not quite ready for it, balance wise, and his feet are still an inch or 2 from the bottom- maybe we'll try again in a month or so.



Here are some more pics taken at Selina's house. He always gives me the sweetest smiles, but never with a camera near my face. Selina was kind enough to capture some smiles on camera along with a sweet look he gives his mama.




.

Isabella had fun too and enjoyed wearing my shoes quite nicely.




She even waved at CJ a few times.


1 comment:

  1. Awww.... so cute!

    And its good to see him in UGA gear, and not that yucky OH stuff. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete