CJ turned three months old on Tuesday, rewarding me with the Bronze Boob Award. Although strange to some people, I have been looking forward to this milestone. As incredibly rewarding as breastfeeding is, it is hard work, especially the pumping part. I love breastfeeding, but pumping is no fun. It comes with the territory though.
We had CJ's 3 months pictures taken on Sunday, and I can can not wait to see them! I'm obsessively checking my emails waiting for the link.
Last Saturday, we went to Elaine's house to watch the OSU game. For those of you who don't know, Elaine is my good friend's mother as well as my mother's good friend. Most of her Georgia residing family was there, and it was the first time many of them met CJ. This picture was snapped shortly after we walked in the door. CJ already looked so content with them. It was also Elaine's birthday and, unfortunately, the nine year anniversary of the worst tragedy on American soil.


Erica took a family shot with my ever so mature husband.
Monday was CJ's first day with his lovely babysitter, Selina. Each day, she fills out these wonderful sheets of paper of when he eats, when he sleeps, when he poops and what they did that day.
Selina also kindly sends me emails while I'm at work of my beautiful boy and what he's doing. My productivity may go down a little, but I love it so much, and she's a really good photographer.
Monday morning, they went to the bookstore for story time....
And CJ played with Isabella....
And practiced his tummy time.
Later that afternoon, they went to free play at Gymboree.
Our neighbors, Caitlyn and Madison, joined them.
Apparently, Madison really likes CJ. I told CJ, if they got married, her name would be Madison Mattison. =)
Tuesday, Selina, Isabella, CJ and I walked over to the Norcross Farmers' Market. As much as it stinks that the housing market took a nose dive very shortly after I bought my first home, and we're stuck in our 1250sq foot home for a while, living within walking distance of downtown Norcross is nice. So is having wonderful neighbors, who also bought their units around the same time, so we're stuck together. Size isn't everything, I suppose.
We found John, Selina's husband, while we were there, and we all went to the park next door afterwards.
CJ tried the swings again and did a little better than just a couple weeks ago, but he is still not ready to actually swing.
When I asked Selina what all I should bring over for CJ other than the obvious diapers, wipes and extra clothes, she suggested I bring over a t-shirt I had been wearing, so CJ could experience my scent while I'm away- lucky kid! ;-) Anyway, I slept in my old UGA softball camp shirt from the summer after 8th grade and sent it over. I then got the following message on Wednesday in an email: "He just cried again and I thought- try the T-shirt- Lindsay - it is amazing - it was like he was drinking you up- sniffing the T-shirt- bringing it right up to his nose- and he instantly calmed down- just like that- amazing! He is such a wonderful baby :)"
When she sent the email asking for the shirt before I actually returned to work, it made me tear up to think of him missing his mommy so much, he longs for my scent. It is a little sad, but I'm happy the t-shirt can comfort him.
Wednesdays are when Selina and Isabella go to the coffee house in Norcross for story time. This past week was a community workers theme, so they went to the community center, which is actually where Chris now teaches karate.
Some police officers came, but CJ slept right through it.
They then went over to the fire house, and CJ woke up just in time.
They got home and played some more...
And CJ took another nap...
They walked over to our neighborhood gazebo and spent about 45 minutes out there.
Selina said that CJ just loved the warm air.
I love being able to narrate his day based on all the pictures taken. =)
Thursday was Chris's first night teaching karate at the Norcross Community Center. We are lucky to have a beautiful, new park ajacent to the community center, so CJ and I took a nice walk during a good bit of the class.
Hopefully, my mom will be able to come over some evenings and can walk CJ around one or both of the two nearby parks while I help Chris teach. It's a win for all. CJ gets to spend time with Grandma Peggy, my mom gets to be outside and spend time with her beloved grandchild, Chris gets help with his class and I get some karate time under my belt. (no pun intended, hehe)
The weather was nice and warm on Friday, so Selina and I took our kiddos to the pool. It happens to be open until the end of the month, and I feel CJ is now old enough to be exposed to the sun and chlorine in small doses. He acted a little startled when I first put him in his float, probably because the water was a bit chilly, but he soon looked ever so relaxed. I thought he might fall asleep!
For fun, we tried out Isabella's float too.
More things we love about our baby:
When he's tired and trying to calm down, he will grab our hand and/or hold it on our chest and get anxious again if we move it. It's his little way of making sure we stay by him.
He usually wakes up happy in the mornings and will just look over and smile. We usually put him down in his crib for the night. The first time he wakes up, I bring him to the futon with me. I've gotten some grief, but it feels right, is much easier to nurse, and I really feel like the moments are so precious.
No comments:
Post a Comment