Sunday, November 1, 2009

8 Weeks

What an exciting week! As of Friday, Baby Mattison was about the size of a kidney bean. We had our first doctors appointment on Friday and found out our little JuneBug is officially due June 11, 2010. The visit went really well. We have a very cool doctor who said everything looked perfect. HUGE sigh of relief for me. I don't think Chris was ever really worried, but I was. She answered my questions regarding natural childbirth and my back issues. Chris's question of when the moodiness will end was also answered- about 3-4 months post-pardum! She estimated the heart rate to be in the 150s, although, she either never did or never told us an official reading.

Later that day, we drove to Dothan, Alabama for my 3rd degree presentation/ the 30th annual tournament put on by Mr. Culbreth. We showed our karate friends the pictures from the ultra sound. Later, people would come up to me saying "congratulations." At first, I would wonder who spilled the beans but then realize they meant for becoming a 3rd degree. It would throw me off every time!

I was a little worried about the trip because of all the morning sickness, but amazingly enough, I woke up Saturday feeling much better. I've been able to eat more this weekend than the past 3 weeks combined! *Fingers crossed*, it is coming to an end!

In case you can't tell, Baby Mattison's head is pointed down. The doctor said she had a hard time getting measurements because Junebug was curled up and wouldn't straighten out. I have a feeling, he or she will take after his or her Daddy!









No comments:

Post a Comment