Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pappa's Perspective, Post 4

I've always contended that I am not a handy man, nor am I the most tidy person on earth, but lately I've been a mix of both.

Over the last several weeks, I've:
  • Assembled, and partially disassembled, several pieces of furniture.
  • Organized at least one room
  • Made plans for several home projects that need to be completed in order to...smooth...Baby Trunk's arrival
  • Obtained bids for maid service.
I think that last one would make my mom scream. Yea, I solicited bids for a maid service (I told you, I'm not the most tidy person you know...). Essentially, I am not a cleaner; I figure that if we had someone to help us out and get some cleaning done, all we (and by we, I mean me...) would have to do is maintain. Good plan right? We'll see...


Otherwise, things are OK...I've survived the first wave of "Pregosaurus Rex" and I was comforted to find out that it's normal; Chris D told me that he wasn't the most welcome person in the house for the first 2 trimesters, which gave me a much needed giggle on the subject. I also asked Dr. Williams when the mood swings subside (on a side note, before I asked, she said "...what is it? Tell me, I could talk about vagina's all day" -classic!) and she said 3-4 months postpartum. She also shared that the only time she was mad enough to throw something was while pregnant (she didn't throw the object at her husband, but to the ground). Lesson: watch for flying objects.

I try to keep the humor flowing; yesterday I asked Lindsay to set my gear bag inside the house so that I could go to karate and she agreed, then asked me to take out the trash. 30 minutes later, she called to tell me that she forgot. When I got home from the gym last night I said "(in Lindsay's voice, tone and diction)...Honey, I am so sorry; I forgot to take out the trash...I didn't mean to, I just...forgot".

Yes, my head is still attached (AND SHE LAUGHED!).

~C

No comments:

Post a Comment