Saturday, October 17, 2009

6 weeks

Say "CHEESE!" ..... Now say "Lindsay's Pregnant!"



I hit the 6 week point yesterday, so Baby Mattison is about the size of a lentil bean. I've been more sick this past week than I ever remember being in my adult life. The last time I was as nauseous and threw up as much was the week after my 1st surgery when I was 12 years old. I called in sick to work on Thursday for the 1st time in the over 2 years I've worked at the hospital. At first they prescribed Reglan, but it didn't help much. They then gave me Zofran and Phenegran (sp) suppositories. The Zofran helped, so luckily, I never had to explore option C. (kow) The good part is, I've lost about 6 pounds in the past week!

I woke up this morning and didn't feel the need to vomit. I was quite happy with myself! It also occurred to me this morning that we get to register again in a few months. I love it. Hopefully we can agree on everything, and it will be a happy, fun-loving experience.

One other phenomenon with being pregnant, is that my cat is so much more clingy. It started about a week and a half before we even knew, which couldn't have been long after conception. I went out of town about a week before we found out, and Chris said she was more vocal than ever, and she was puking and peeing on the carpet. Now she can not get enough of me. She even hangs around in the bathroom after I turn on the shower water, which she never did in the 14 previous years I've had her! I never mentioned it to anyone, but a co-worker asked me how my cat was behaving b/c her friend's cat was the same way with her friend when she was expecting. The cat never had anything to do with my co-worker until she was pregnant and was then all over her.

I also had this weird pain in my lower belly when I sneeze or move a certain way. It kind of goes all around the very lower part. I think it has something to do with ligaments stretching. It's funny how the uterus is already growing and things are stretching when Baby Mattison is still so small.


As you can see, Grandma is excited. We told her on Sunday, 10/11. We also told Grandma Mattison later that evening.

I am so excited about the ultra sound in less than 2 weeks! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment