Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pappa's Perspective, post 1

Wow.

I could end the post there and most guys would understand; Lindsay and I just swallowed a whole lot of reality. So much so, that it took me four positive tests before it really sunk in. But that's OK, this is a very exciting time for us and the people close to us (you guys just don't know it yet). Hopefully, it will be even better for some, if Joe and Maria get on the ball and give Isabel *another* little playmate.

Putting my feelings overall into words is hard, but it should suffice to say I'm feeling happy-scared-nervous-jittery-anxious-ment...yes, that's a technical term. Lindsay covers things pretty well in her postings (hey, it's interesting for me too), but I will try to give my perspectives as a father-to-be and everything that comes with it. I know that we'll both have our good days and we'll both have our bad days, as people generally do.

Baby Mattison, codename Trunks (yea, Trunks is a boy, but I don't care what the gender is, I just want a healthy baby), will be born into this world with lots of love and comfort and the best mother he could ever hope for; my job in all of this is to ensure he has the best father he could ever hope for as well. A headstrong role model to teach him right from wrong and help him to better his world and the people in it are my goals as a parent, as was the goal of mine.

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment